You’ll be a member of our multidisciplinary engineering team. Depending on where you live, you can work from the site of Advionics in Oostkamp (West-Flanders) or Intersoft Electronics in Olen (Antwerp). You will be responsible for the complete mechanical design process in various projects, mostly radar- and RF-related. This design process typically involves:
- Translating project requirements into a first concept and assess its feasibility;
- Generating 3D CAD models and related drawings for production;
- Providing technical support during manufacturing and assembly;
- Assisting with product validation and verification (e.g. design test setup or tool(s));
- Writing technical documentation;
- Assisting with optimization/introduction of existing/new mechanical engineering processes (or tools) within the engineering department.
You provide your expertise on system level together with the other team members. You report in accordance with project team objectives, requirements and schedules.
- You have a master degree in mechanical or electromechanical engineering.
- At least 5 year professional experience in mechanical design or equivalent function.
- You have proven professional experience in mechanical design.
- You have a sound understanding of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T) fundamentals for engineering drawings.
- You have a strong proficiency in 3D CAD systems, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- You have good understanding of DFM principles.
- You are communicative team player who shows initiative and possesses a proactive mindset
- You are creative and detail oriented.
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You communicate fluently in English (verbal and written).
- You have experience with software-tools within the Autodesk environment, other than Inventor – especially Vault.
- You have experience with structural analyses.
- You have experience with standards such as MIL-STD-810 and related testing.
- You have knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes.
- You are able to independently perform a detailed design study.
(e.g. basic calculations, material selection, tolerance stack-up, etc.)
- You have knowledge of the Dutch language, notions of French and/or German.